Are you a content creator who’s looking to start your podcast where you interview experts in your industry? You tried to find solutions that will allow you to interview guests from different locations, but most of the solutions you find are quite complicated. Some use Zoom, Skype, or Hangouts to bring guests together. But you usually need your guests to record their own audio track and edit all the audio tracks together after the interview.
You want something simple for your guests while having minimal editing or no post-production editing at all!
How to Use BeLive for Interviewing Remote Guests
Aan easy solution that can help you easily interview multiple guests remotely is using BeLive. BeLive is usually used for producing awesome-looking live streams, but podcasters also use it to promote their podcasts or to make it super easy for guests to join the podcast interview.
What You Need to Do as a Host:
- Start offline recording. You can do an audio-only recording by turning off the camera. But if you also publish a video podcast, you can leave the camera on.
- Share your permanent guest link. You can send this through email, Messenger, or any communication app.
- Guests can join via desktop or mobile. If they want to join via mobile, they need to download BeLive on Android or iOS.
- Once they click the link, they will show up in the lobby. When they are in the lobby, they are added as once of the sources that you can push to the live stream or offline recording.
- You can have up to 10 people waiting in the lobby and up to four people on screen.
- After the offline recording or live broadcast is over, go to your profile under My Streams and download the audio-only file. You can also download the HD video file if you want to upload the video in another platform, such as YouTube.
- Once you have the audio file, you can now upload it to any of your favorite podcasting platforms.
How It Works from the Guest Side
- Click the guest link.
- Sign up using Facebook.
- They will be routed in the lobby where their audio or video source will stay until the you push it to the stream.
- Guests have the option to join as video or audio-only source.
The experience for guests is very similar to joining a Skype conference call. So, it’s super easy for them. No extra steps needed, like recording separate audio track and sending it to the host after the interview.
A Few Tips Before Starting Your First Recording Using BeLive:
- Make sure that your guests have headphones with a mic when joining the interview. This will avoid sound feedback coming from the speaker and will produce better audio.
- If they are joining via mobile, make sure they have the BeLive app first.
- If you’re going live and addressing the questions from live viewers, we suggest doing it at the beginning or end of the live stream. That way you can easily edit and cut out the live engagement when you’re uploading it as a podcast.
You can replace it with your usual podcast intro and outro instead.
Molly Mahoney, BeLive’s Camera Confidence Coach, repurposes her live streams from her Facebook Page and BeLive Page as a podcast. She is one of the best examples of how you can turn your live streams into an amazing podcast with BeLive without having to worry about complicated tools.
You can start your own audio or video podcast and interview your guests in the easiests way. Sign up for a BeLive account and try it for FREE.
Irene Chan is the Marketing Manager at BeLive. She has been working in the digital marketing industry for over eight years and loves the creativity that comes with video production. She has a degree in Broadcast Communication and is always imaginging about new live videos to produce.